APOCALYPSE SUMMER CAMP
PLEASE NOTE: Upon receipt of your payment, you will be sent an email confirmation and ticket number. This email will serve as your holding ticket, until your final official ASC Summer Camp Ticket is mailed.
SUMMER CAMP WILL BE IN ERIE, PA
August 20, 21, 22, 2021
The camp is right on the shores of Lake Erie and has more than 300 acres of land with all the typical camp activities. For our group, we will be renting the entire camp for that weekend, and everything will be included in the price of admission.
The event is 100% family friendly, but if you’re looking to get away from the kids you will be able to do that too as there will be different areas of the camp for different desires which is discussed below.
The price of admission will include:
– Accommodations; (However you must bring your own pillows, bedding, towels and such.)
– All meals;
– All on campus activities;
– All entertainment like comedians and live music;
– All panel discussions, demonstrations, celebrity chefs,
– Use of mobile kitchens to prepare pot luck meals;
– Demonstrations and tastings with local breweries, vineyards, and a distillery, as well as presentations of local artisans of food and other goods.
In other words, once you set foot on campus you will not need to spend any money unless you choose to buy some merchandise, or something from one of the various vendors who will be selling things.
So, how much will this cost? $500 per person. There will also be a scholarship program for those who need help paying for Summer Camp. I really want everyone who wants to come to be able to do so. For some of our college aged members, I will be offering five internships and will work with their college or university to make the experience for credit and they will also earn a stipend for their work. Summer Camp will have a maximum of 500 people as that’s the most the camp is prepared for at this time.
Folx, I’ve been working very hard on this for the past couple of months, and I really hope as you read this that you see all the things you’ve asked for. For the most part I can hardly take credit for that as the camp has so much already built in. This is going to be an amazing event!!
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, will be provided, and there will be three themed meals:
- Friday night: Soul Food with live blues, followed by the ASC Talent Show, and an evening of zydeco music. (Other evening activities will be taking place at this time too, so there will be plenty to do if you don’t like zydeco, or if you’ve got kids that want to play tag or watch movies by the lake, etc… This is true of all events.)
- Saturday Night: A low country boil with a live New Orleans Style Brass Band, concluding with a second line parade for all to participate in to honor our newlywed couples! Following this there will be an evening of comedians and live music at the camp’s onsite amphitheater.
- Sunday Brunch: A Jazz Brunch with live jazz band.
The camp will be divided into three areas:
- Loud (Loud is relative here) where people can stay up late talking around fires, playing games, passing a guitar around;
- Regular, where people should be quiet after the music stops for the night;
- Quiet, which is in a more secluded area of accommodations for people with younger children, or those who prefer to retire early. The camp has lots of private bathrooms and showers such that we will be able to provide each group with their own facilities.
Camp Activities will include:
Archery, Rifles, BB guns, Hatchet Throwing, Canoeing, Fishing, Rope Swing, Stand Up Paddleboarding, Sea Kayaking, Sailing, Jet skiing, Tubing, Beach hike/ beach glass hunting, Rock Climbing, Zip line, Hobby Farm (Goats, pigs, chickens, rabbits), Trail Rides (on horseback), Nature Center (snakes, turtles, toads), fire building, crafts, Other campy or outdoorsy activities (mestival, capture the flag, nature hike, candle making, etc)…
Additional Activities will include: Off Roading adventure with local Jeep Club; Transportation to Golf at area courses (You are responsible for golf fees); a local casino (that is for sure your money, but we will provide transportation); flow arts; chip and dip social hour; Bitch and Stitch knitting/sewing circle; hide and seek/flashlight tag; late night silent rave; basketball tournament with awards ceremony; family bonfire with s’mores; purge and burn; paint war; Messtival – a camp tradition involving used vinyl bill board signs with lots of shaving cream and soap making the thing a giant slip and slide; deep sea fishing (Additional Fee); group tour on The Brig Niagara, a replica War of 1912 Battleship that will take you out on the Lake and even fire its cannons! (Limited number, so there will be a sign up for that which will be on a first come basis); outdoor movies by the pond for families and children, but later the same screen will be showing Friday The 13th… Seriously, you’ll be watching Friday the 13th, a horror movie that takes place at a summer camp on a lake while you’re at a summer camp outside on a lake… You can’t make that up!
For parents of younger children, we will also be offering babysitting services in the evening for a fee.
Our current lineup includes some seriously apocalypse worthy entertainers! Click the links below for more information and check back often for updates on additional performers, performance times, and whatever other neat stuff we discover!
COVID: I am proceeding under the hope that there will be rapid testing by next summer. It will be the responsibility of all participants to be safe in their actions leading up to Summer Camp as a positive test at the gate will result in being denied entrance to the grounds. In the event that COVID has become worse, and rapid testing is not yet available, there is of course, the possibility that we will have to postpone to 2022. I have my fingers crossed that we will not have to do that, but the camp has been clear with me, and I have been clear with the camp, that if that happens we will continue our partnership and do what is right for the safety of all involved.
ALL SALES FINAL: Acknowledging the uncertain path of the current COVID-19 situation, the ASC Summer Camp is committed to a caring and compassionate approach to cancellations during this global pandemic. All camp ticket purchases are non-refundable. However, should the planned dates of camp be adversely affected by the pandemic, camp will be postponed one year, August 19,20,21, 2022, and all tickets will be transferred to the new date.